Xiaomi has officially released the 2022 model of her Redmi 10, and as the title rightly said, nothing seems to be new. The phone bags familiar specifications and features with it older sibling, except that it comes in a single 4GB RAM option.
Just like the older model, the Redmi 10 2022 is given a 6.5-inches screen with a dot notch and a 90Hz refresh rating on the screen. It is powered by the same octa-core MediaTek Helio G88 CPU, along with Mali-G52 GPU and the aforementioned 4-Gigs of RAM. Two storage option of the model are available; 64GB or 128GB, and both can be further expanded.
Camera specifications did not change either; 50MP remains the primary lens, coupled with 8MP ultrawide, 2MP depth and a fourth 2MP macro lens, while a single 8-megapixel selfie shooter seats on the front.
Battery power comes from a 5000mAh juice that gets 18W fast charging and 9W reverse wired charging, while Google Android 11 with MIUI 12.5 is available out of the box.
Recall that this is actually the second time Xiaomi is re-introducing the Redmi 10 under a different moniker. Apart from the Indian Redmi 10 Prime, which is another variation of the vanilla Redmi 10 but with a larger 6000mAh battery, Xiaomi had also introduced Redmi Note 11 4G in China, which is a blatant rebadge of the same.
Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 Key specifications
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2400px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio, and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: Dual-core 2.0GHz (Cortex-A75) and Hexa-core 1.8GHz (Cortex-A55) and Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128 GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Camera: Quad-cameras: 50MP f/1.8 main camera; 8-megapixel ultrawide; 2MP depth and 2MP macro
- Front camera: 8MP Selfie with f/2.2
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: FaceID, USB Type-C, IR Blaster, Bluetooth 5.1, Dual Speakers
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging charging (9W Reversed Charge)
Xiaomi Redmi 10 2022 price and availability
The Redmi 10 2022 comes in Pebble White, Carbon Gray and Sea Blue. It is currently listed on Xiaomi’s global site, and available in either 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM, or 4GB RAM with 128GB ROM. But pricing for each of these variant is yet to be revealed.