4G model of OPPO A96 smartphone just arrived in Nigeria. The phone was globally introduced on the 16th of March, which was about 9-days ago, and sport a 6.59-inches screen, with 1080 x 2412 pixels. The display tech is IPS, and it has a Dot-notch on the front as well as a 90Hz refresh rating.
It is worth nothing that the model introduced in Nigeria is the 4G variants of the phone, and not the 5G model as some E-commerce site claims. This model is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 680 CPU, same CPU used on the recently announced OPPO K10.
There are two storage options on the A96 4G; its either 8GB RAM with 128GB ROM, or 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM, which is the variant introduced in Nigeria. The model is IPX4 and IP5X rated, making it both water and dust proofed.
It has two camera system on the rear comprising of a 50-megapixel main shooter, and a 2-megapixel depth lens, while the selfie snapper is a 16-megapixel lens held within the notch cutout on the front. There is a 5000mAh battery on the inside with fast charging tech, rated at 33W.
OPPO A96 4G key specs and features
- Display: 6.59-inches IPS 1080 x 2412px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 680 with Adreno 610 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 256GB and 8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 ColorOS 11.1
- Camera: Dual:
- 50MP Samsung JN1 sensor, with LED and F/1.8 aperture
- 2MP depth with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 16MP Sony IMX471 sensor, with F/2.0
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / 4G LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W fast SUPERVOOC charger
OPPO A96 4G price in Nigeria
The A96 4G comes in two colors of Starry Black or Sunset Blue. Only the 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM is sold in Nigeria, and it has a price tag of N159,900, and already available via both online and offline stores.