Realme have just announced few smartphones in China, among which is the Realme V3. The V5 is a full fledged 4G/5G smartphone, (thanks to the presence of the Mediatek’s Dimensity 720G). It is also the company’s cheapest 5G smartphone and probably the world cheapest 5G device yet.
In the coming months, we expect to see more affordable 5G smartphones selling as low as under $200 USD …DroidAfrica
We made the above assertion on the 18th of April while covering an update on the OPPO A92s. As at that time, certain folk believed that the COVID-19 pandemic was some how connected to the advent of 5G, and even though worldwide acceptance of 5G was not really in view, it was still fairly easy to see that happening, considering the fierce competition in the tech/chip industry.
Now with the Realme V5, you don’t need to invest anything close to $200 for a 5G smartphone anymore. The device comes with a starting price of 999 yuan in China, translating to around $146 USD. At this price, you are getting a 5G smartphone powered by the above mentioned Dimensity 720 CPU, 6GB RAM and 64GB of built-in storage.
The realme V3 looks a lot like the V5 launched earlier, in fact, both phones has same CPU and backed by a 5000mAh battery. But to keep cost as low as possible, certain sacrifices were made here and there. For example, the screen on the cheaper v3 is 720p panel, and no 90Hz refresh rate.
As for the camera, well, you are getting just triple modules at the back, comprising of a 13-megapixel main snapper, along with 2×2-megapixels, being a depth and macro lens respectively, while a single 8-megapixel snapper handles selfie duties upfront.
Realme V3 5G Key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 164.4×76×8.6 mm; 190 grams
- Display: 6.52-inch IPS LCD screen with 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 720 with Mali-G57 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128 GB and 6/8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10 with Realme UI
- Camera: Quad-Cameras: 13MP f/1.8 main camera; 2MP 4CM macro and 2MP depth
- Front camera: 8MP
- Video recording: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000 mAh with 18W fast charging
Realme V3 pricing and availability
The V3 is available in two color options of Blue and Silver. Storage options is split into three; the base model with 6GB RAM + 64GB ROM @999 yuan, a 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM @1,399 yuan, and the higher variant with 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM @1,599 yuan, translating to $146, $205 and $234 respectively. All the three storage models will start selling in China starting September 9th, with possible India launch to follow shortly.