In the 4th quarter of 2022, a Chinese phone maker called Unihertz announced their Tank smartphone, breaking the record of the world’s first smartphone to house a whopping 22,000mAh battery. But that phone only has a 4G network, since it is powered by the Helio G99 CPU. Well, another 22,000mAh battery monster is here, and this time, a 5G network is added to the mix.
We are talking about Doogee’s latest V Max, a 5G smartphone that is powered by MediaTek’s latest Dimensity 1080 8-core CPU. The device is an all-rounded upgrade to the recently announced Doogee V30 5G, except for the slower charging speed.
Recall that V30 has a 10,800mAh battery along with 66W fast charger. The newcomer on the other hand has a larger 22,000mAh battery, but 33W fast charger. With such a monstrous battery capacity, what should you expect?
Well, according to Doogee, the V Max can handle up to 35 hours of video playback, 80 hours of music playback, 25 hours of continuous gaming, 109 hours of on-call time, 240 hours of normal usage, and a whopping 2,300 hours of standby, that’s about 38-days. Other specifications of the V Max are listed below.
Doogee V Max key specs and features
- Display: 6.58-inch with 1080 x 2340 pixels
- CPU: 2.6GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1080 with Mali-G68 MC4 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 256GB ROM and 12GB RAM
- OS: Android 12 OS
- Camera: Triple-Cameras with PDAF and 4-LED flash:
- 108MP main,
- 20MP dedicated Night lens and
- 16MP Ultrawide
- Front camera: 32MP
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C, Stereo speakers
- Battery: 22,000mAh with 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Doogee V Max comes in Sunshine Gold, Classic Black, and Moonshine Silver. It will be premiered on Aliexpress between 13th to 17th of February. As for pricing, the monster smartphone will cost $579.