The POVA 2 is not only the first TECNO phone with a massive 6.9-inches display, it is also the company’s first smartphone with a whooping 7000mAh battery, competing directly with the likes of Samsung’s Galaxy M62. Luckily for us, we received a unit of the POVA 2 in the close of last week, and here is our quick unboxing and review.
We’ve also released a detailed video sharing our thoughts on the device, and the visual is linked below.
Tecno POVA 2 key specs and features
- Display: 6.9-inches IPS LCD 1080 x 2400 px HD+ with 20.5:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G85 with Mali-G52 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 (HiOS 7.6)
- Camera: Quad 48MP AI camera with Four LED
- Front camera: 8MP Selfie with single LED
- Video recording: 4K/1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 7000mAh with 18W fast charger
- TECNO POVA 2 FULL SPECS HERE
Tecno POVA 2 Unboxing
The POVA 2 comes in Energy Blue, Dazzle black and Polar Silver which is the color we found in the box. The overall box content includes:
- Warranty card and user manual
- A protective clear case
- An 18W fast charger
- Your SIM ejection tool
- Some wired earpiece
- And a USB Type C cable with an orange ascent
- Then the Pova 2 of course
POVA 2 Display
The large 6.9-inches screen can not be concealed in anyway, it is really large and tall as well, since it is 20.5:9 aspect ratio. Thankfully, the panel is IPS with 1080 x 2460 pixels, resolution, making the screen both acceptably bright and sharp.
The centralized notch does add to the beauty of the phone as well, and the side bezels are kept marginally thin also, making the phone a lot more compact than what you’d expect from a sub 7-inhces device; imagine a 7-inches tablet for an example.
So you can understand how large or small the POVA 2 might be in your hand, here are some size comparison pics with other gadgets.
Of the three colors, the Dazzle Black look more appealing to me, but we received the Polar Silver instead. This get a little shiny on the rear, but thankfully, it is wholly textured, eliminating any form of finger magnet.
The other notable element on the rear is the POVA branding and the camera modules. Talking about the camera module, four lenses are available here; 48-megapixel main, and three other depth sensors for AI shots. Note that the POVA 2 does not have a Macro lens, which was something I missed in the video.
Notice the absence of a fingerprint scanner? It is on the side of the phone, which doubles also, as the Power button, while the volume rockers are inches above it, while a 3-in-one card slot is on the other side.
The basement has the audio input, USB Type-C and the 3.5 millimeter audio jack. No loud speaker here because it is combined with earpiece grill.
On the inside of the phone, you are getting the aforementioned Helio G85 CPU from MediaTek, combined with Mali-G52 GPU. Our review unit has 4GB RAM and 128GB ROM. The device support 18W fast charger, while offering Android 11 with HiOS 7.6 out of the box.