BLU Mobile have just announced an entry-level smartphone for the US market. But contrary to what you may expect, the device dubbed BLU J6S only offers 3G network, and does not support 4G LTE network. Additionally, the phone is only got a Gig of RAM, and paired with 32-Gigs of built-in storage.
From the front, the BLU J6S sports a 6.1-inches screen with 720 x 1560 pixels. The display can produce up to 276 pixels per inch, and it has a U-shaped notch on the head. Under this screen seats a 1.3GHz quad-core CPU with Mali-400 GPU.
Coming to the camera specifications, the J6S is given two camera modules on the rear, carrying an 8-megapixel main sensor, along with a secondary depth lens, while the front is given a 5-megapixel selfie lens. There is a single LED flash on the rear, and both the front and rea sensors are capable of just 720p video footage.
The device is built into a 9.7mm body, and there is a 3000mAh battery hidden within this body, resulting to about 161 grams in weight. It come with micro USB 2.0, has Bluetooth 4.2 and booth Google Android 11 (Go Edition) out of the box.
BLU J6S key specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 155.35 x 73.3 x 9.7 mm / 161 grams
- Display: 6.1 inch HD+ 720 x 1560 19:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: 1.3Ghz Quad-Core CPU with Mali-400 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 32GB ROM and 1GB RAM
- OS: Android 11 (Go Edition)
- Camera: 8MP main + QVGA Depth (Single LED flash)
- Front camera: 5MP selfie
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM) with 3G-only network
- Others: Micro-USB 2.0, FaceID
- Battery: 3000mAh
BLU J6S pricing and availability
The BLU J6S comes in a Blue, Bronze, Teal and White colors. It will launch in the US, and should be on sales via Amazon.com. Sadly pricing is not stated as when the news was written.