CoolPad have just announced her COOL 20s 5G smartphone, rocking MediaTek Dimensity 700 CPU, up to 8GB RAM, and fitted with two camera lenses on the rear. The COOL 20s 5G stands just in between the standard COOL 20, and the 20 Pro announced back in December of 2021.
The COOL 20s comes in a 6.58-inces screen, with 1080 x 2408 FHD+ screen resolution. The inherent Dimensity 700 CPU is backed by Mali-G57 GPU which is good enough for mobile gamers on the go.
Storage options on the COOL 20s 5G includes either 4, 6, or 8GB RAM, pegged with a single 128-Gigs of built-in storage. The phone support dual 4G/5G SIMS, but does not offer space for external SD-card.
As for the camera specifications, you are getting a set of dual sensors on the rear. These includes a 50-megapixel primary camera, and a secondary 2-megapixel macro sensor. A single LED flash is available on the rear, while the selfie shooter is capped at 8-megapixels.
CoolPad COOL 20s 5G key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 163.02 x 74.75 x 8.28 mm; 180 grams
- Display: 6.58-inch IPS screen with 1080 x 2408px and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.2GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 700 with Mali-G57 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128GB ROM and 4/6/8GB RAM
- OS: Android 11 with CoolOS 2.0
- Camera: Dual-Cameras:
- 50MP main with PDAF, f/1.8, LED flash
- 2MP macro (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 8MP front
- Video recording: 1080p30fps
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh with 18W fast charging
CoolPad COOL 20s pricing and availability
The CoolPad 20s 5G is available in Azure Blue, Moonlight White and Flowing Firefly Black colors. It is already on sales in China, and the base model with 4GB RAM and 128GB ROM starts at 999 yuan, an equivalent of $148 US Dollars.