FreeYond, a relatively new smartphone brand, has announced its latest device, the FreeYond M5 5G. The device is the upgraded model to the older M5 announced in October of 2022, which came in a 6.5-inches display, powered by Tiger T606 CPU and had only 3/4G network capacity.
The ne FreeYond M5 5G on the other hand is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 6020 5G CPU and comes with a larger 6.78-inch display with a 120Hz refresh rate. It also has a triple rear camera setup with a 50MP main sensor, a 2MP macro sensor, and a 0.3MP depth sensor.
The M5 5G is also equipped with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, which can be further expanded up to 512GB via microSD card. It also has a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charging support.
The phone runs Android 13 out of the box and has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner. It also has dual SIM support, an NFC, and Bluetooth 5.2.
FreeYond M5 5G key specifications:
- Display: 6.78-inch IPS LCD touchscreen with 120Hz refresh rate and 1080 x 2460 pixels resolution
- CPU: Mediatek Dimensity 6020 5G
- GPU: Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 8GB
- Storage: 256GB, expandable up to 512GB via microSD card
- Rear camera: 50MP main sensor, 8MP macro sensor, 2MP depth sensor
- Front camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging support
- Operating system: Android 13
Pricing and availability:
The FreeYond M5 5G is already listed on Aliexpress.com. It will be premiered on the 16th of October at a promoted price of $149. Aside from the redesigned rear and the additional macro camera, the M5 5G looks like a rebadged Infinix Hot 30 5G.