Realme have just announced a new smartphone in India, the Realme 8S 5G. The model is powered by Dimensity 810 5G CPU from MediaTek, and offers 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charger and the latest Google Android 11 out of the box.
The model has a 6.5-inches FHD+ LCD screen with 90Hz refresh rate and 180Hz sampling rate with an advertised 90.5% screen-to-body ratio. The screen is using a punch hole notch, which houses a 16-megapixel front facing selfie.
As for the main snappers; you are getting a triple camera setup that includes a 64-megapixel primary lens, 2-megapixel B&W and a third 2-megapixel 4cm macro camera.
The Realme 8s 5G is available in two storage option; a 6GB RAM with 128GB ROM or 8GB RAM and same 128GB ROM. The model has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, and also support Dynamic RAM Expansion (DRE) technology, which can add up to 5GB to the existing RAM space.
Realme 8s 5G key specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 162.5×74.8×8.8 mm; 191 grams
- Display: 6.5-inches screen with 1080 x 2400px FHD+, 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 810 with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128GB (UFS 2.1) and 6/8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with Realme UI 2.0
- Camera: Triple-Cameras: 64MP f/1.8 main camera; 2MP B/W and a third 2MP F/2.4 4CM macro lens
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.1 aperture
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G SA/ NSA
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 33W fast charging.
Realme 8S 5G pricing and availability
The Realme 8S 5G comes in Universe Blue and Universe Purple colors. The two memory options are priced as follows:
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM = Rs. 17,999 or $245 US Dollars
- 8GB RAM + 129GB ROM = Rs. 19,999 or $272 US Dollars
Both storage variants will be sold via offline and online stores like realme.com and Flipkart.com starting September 13th.