Samsung has released a new foldable Android smartphone that is compatible with 5G network. This announcement was made by NTT DoCoMo, a smartphone brand maker under the Samsung company. The new foldable smartphone is called Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C. It has some great features we shall take a look at.
Firstly, the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C comes equipped with a Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SM8475 3.2GHz octa-core processor, and it is supported by very large storage capacity, comprising of RAM 12GB, and internal storage capacity of 256GB.
We will like to take a quick look at the screen resolution of the smartphone; The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55 C, since it’s a foldable phone, consists of a 7.6-inch infinity flex display with an aspect ratio of 22.6: 18 (2176 x 1812) that can fold the screen and a 6.2-inch cover display that is used when folding.
The folded display that has the 6.2-inch display sports an aspect ratio of 23.1: 9 (2316 x 904), and the refresh rate is 120 Hz. There is an application operations that links the two screens.
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C supports the 4th generation update with Android 12 (One UI) OS, and since it is a high-spec Android smartphone, it has support for Osaifu-Keitai (FeliCa) which is compatible in Japan, and has S pen compatibility.
Coming to the camera sensors of the device, the main camera comprise of a 50-megapixel + 12-megapixel + 12-megapixel sensors with OIS triple camera at the rear side. When it’s not folded, the front camera has a 4-megapixel camera and the rear camera when folded is10-megapixel camera.
To keep the phone alive, it sports a battery capacity of 4400mAh that has supports for 25W fast charging, wireless charging and charging to other devices as well. For loud audio output, it is quipped with stereo speakers.
We can not overemphasize security and privacy when it comes to smartphones. This Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C has a fingerprint authentication sensor on the side that supports fingerprint authentication, and a USB Type-C connection terminal.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C Key specs
- Display (main): 7.6 inch infinity flex display, QXGA+(22.6:18) 2176×1812, 120Hz, Dynamic AMOLED 2X, Gorilla Glass Victus+
- Display (when folded): 6.2 inch Cover display, HD+ (23.1 : 9) 2316 x 904, 120Hz, Dynamic AMOLED 2X
- CPU: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SM8475 3.2GHz octa-core with Adreno 730 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 256GB (SD-card expandable up to 1TB) and 12GB RAM
- OS: Android 12 (One UI)
- Camera: Triple-Cameras:
- 50MP main camera
- 12MP ultra wide
- 12MP depth
- Front camera: Dual lenses:
- Front camera 4MP (80˚ F1.8) camera
- Cover camera (rear camera when folded) 10MP (85˚ F2.2 ) camera
- Connectivity: VoLTE, dual SIM ( nanoSIM/eSIM) , Osaifu-Keitai (FeliCa), 5G Millimeter Wave, Downlink Maximum 4.9Gbps, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Other Features: Fingerprint authentication sensor (side), Face authentication, S-pen compatible, USB type-C, Waterproof (IPX8), Stereo Speaker, Dolby Atmos, High -Resolution
- Battery: 4400mAh with 25W fast charging, wireless charging Qi, and wireless power supply
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C availability and pricing
The Samsung Galaxy Z Fold4 SC-55C is offered in just one gray green color. According to NTT DoCoMo, the phone is scheduled to be released on September 29th, 2022. We are yet to get the cost of the phone as the price is yet undecided, but whenever there’s news, we will update you.