Vivo has officially listed the Y01 smartphone on the company’s international website, as well as on some regional/country sites, like Kenya. The phone comes in a 6.51-inches screen, powered by MediaTek Helio P35 CPU and available in either 2/3GB RAM, with a single 32-Gigs of built-in storage.
Probably this is going to be Vivo’s most affordable smartphone for the year, replacing the Y1s in most regions. So to keep cost low, the company knocked out a secondary camera from the phone’s rear, retaining only a single 8-megapixel lens, while a 5-megapixel selfie snapper is kept within the notch on the front.
The design is very reminiscent to most recent affordable smartphones we’ve seen from Vivo; the recent Y10, just for an example. It is powered by a 5000mAh battery, and boot Google Android 11 (Go Edition), based on Funtouch 11.1 out of the box.
Most cheap Vivo phones are not offered with a physical fingerprint scanner, and the Y01 is not an except; all you are getting is AI faceID and default Android locks of course. The phone measures 164.41 x 76.32 x 8.41 mm, and weighs around 178 grams.
Vivo Y01 Key Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.51-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 CPU with PowerVR GE 8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 32GB and 2/3GB RAM; expandable up to 1TB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with Funtouch 11.1
- Camera: 8MP f/2.0 main camera
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.2 Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: FaceID, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10Wcharger
Vivo Y01 pricing and availability
The Y01 comes in Elegant Black and Sapphire Blue colors. The suggested retail price is around 119 Euros, but date of regional availability is not known yet.