OPPO have just released the Reno8 Pro as was promised. The phone is one of the three devices introduced as Reno8-series, and as per the SoC, it is the first smartphone to run Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 7 Gen1 octa-core CPU, along with OPPO’s newly developed MariSilicon X imaging NPU.
Obviously the Snapdragon 7 Gen1 may not be as powerful as the Dimensity 8100 CPU, probably the reason why OPPO reserved it for the Pro+ model. The CPU is backed by 8GB RAM, and a 128-Gigs of built-in storage.
The Reno8 Pro itself comes in a 6.62-inches screen with FHD+ display resolution. The display panel is E4 AMOLED, fitted with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and up to 120Hz refresh rating.
As for the camera specs, OPPO kept three camera lenses on the rear of the Reno8 Pro. Of these three, the primary snapper is a 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 with f/1.8 aperture, along with a 8-megapixel UW lens and a third 2-megapixel macro.
The selfie sensor on the from looks borrowed from the same 32-megapixel IMX709 used on the Reno7 4G. Out of the box, you are getting Google Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1. It is powered by a 4500mAh dual battery with up to 80W fast charger.
OPPO Reno8 Pro 5G key specs and features
Table of Contents
- Display: 6.62-inch E4 AMOLED screen with 1080 x 2400 FHD+ with 20:9 ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and 120Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core Snapdragon 7 Gen1 with Adreno 662 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256GB ROM and 8/12GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Triple-Cameras:
- 50MP Main IMX766 with f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP Ultrawide with F/2.2 and
- 2MP Macro with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 32MP (Sony IMX709)
- Video recording: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh with 80W fast charging
OPPO Reno8 Pro Pricing and availability
The Reno8 Pro just went official in China. It is available in three color option of Encounter Blue, Night Tour Black and Slightly Drunk. As for pricing, the 8GB + 128GB model costs 2,999 yuan, 8GB + 256GB model is 3,199 yuan, while 12GB + 256GB version will cost 3,499, translating to $450, $480 and $525 respectively. OPPO is already taking preorder for these model in China.