Gionee just has announced M7, the company’s latest mid-range smartphone in the ‘M Series’ smartphone in China along with the Big Gold Steel 2 smartphone, which will be introduced as the M7 Power in Thailand later this week. The M7 packs a 6.01-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 Full screen AMOLED display and a 16-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel secondary rear camera to capture depth information.
It also has dual security chips that have passed EAL6 security test along with a built-in security encryption chip for safe mobile payments. It has a unibody metal design and packs a 4000mAh battery with support for 9V/2A, 18W fast charging.
Gionee M7 specifications
- 6.01-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) 18:9 FHD+ FullView AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display
- 2.3GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P30 16nm processor with ARM Mali-G71 MP2 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with Amigo OS 5.0
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.8 aperture, 6P lens, 8MP secondary camera
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Fingerprint sensor
- Dimensions: 157 × 76 × 7.2mm; Weight: 180g
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS, NFC
- 4000mAh built-in battery with fast charging
- Price: $422
The Gionee M7 comes in Sapphire Blue, Star Blue, Maple Red, Champagne Gold and Black colors, is priced at 2799 yuan ($422) and will go on sale from September 26th.