Xiaomi has officially released the Redmi 10a smartphone in the company’s home country. It is a model succeeding the Redmi 9a of June 2020. The company also introduced the Redmi 10C some weeks ago. But unlike the 10C which was a total upgrade over it predecessor, the Redmi 10a is almost a rebadge of the 9a, except that it is given a newer looks.
Like the the 1.9-years old 9A, the Redmi 10A is powered by Helio G25 CPU from MediaTek, an 8-core CPU that is clocked at 2.0GHz. The graphic processor is PowerVR GE8320 GPU, and it is backed by either 4/6GB RAM, and up to 64/128-Gigs of built-in storage.
As for the camera specs, the Redmi 10a has a single 13-megapixel primary lens on the rear, along with an LED flash, while the frontal shooter is a 5-megapixel sensor. The phone itself comes in a 6.53-inches screen with 720 x 1600 pixels and a dewdrop notch on the head.
It is fueled by a 5000mAh battery that relies on a 10W charger via micro USB 2.0. It measures 164.9 x 77 x 9 mm, and weighs about 194 grams. But unlike it predecessor, the model has a rear Fingerprint scanner.
Redmi 10A Key Specifications and Features
- Dimensions; weight: 1164.9 x 77 x 9 mm; 194 grams
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 with PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4/6GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with MIUI v12.5
- Camera: Single 13MP f/1.8 main camera with single LED
- Front camera: 5MP f/2.0 Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear) FaceID, Micro USD 2.0
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W charger
Xiaomi Redmi 10A pricing and availability
The Redmi 10A is available in either Smoke Blue, Shadow Black or Moonlight Silver. The three storage options of the phone are priced as follows:
- 4GB RAM + 64GB ROM = 649 yuan or $102 US Dollars
- 4GB RAM + 128GB ROM = 799 yuan or $126 US Dollars
- 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM = 899 yuan or $142 US Dollars
All three storage options are currently on pre-order in China, but no words on international availability yet.