Tecno have just announced the Spark 8P in Nigeria, but unlike the Asian model with Helio G70 octa-core CPU, the African model has Helio G35 octa-core CPU. This represent a major downgrade from the older Spark 7P, which was powered by Helio G70 from MediaTek.
Still on the downgrade, Tecno actually dropped 90Hz refresh rating from the Spark 8P (Asian model included), although the screen resolution is now 1080 x 2408 pixels. This simply means that users of the new Spark 8P will be benefiting extra sharpness and object clarity, but to the detriment of screen smoothness and speed.
Aside the CPU, other aspects of the phone remains the same. The rear camera on the Spark 8P is a 50-megapixel main lens, along with two other AI lens and four LED flash. The display itself is a 6.6-inches in size, and it has a dewdrop notch on the the head.
The phone has a built-in 5000mAh battery that charges via micro USB 2.0. It has a slot for dual Nano-SIMs and SD-card. There is also a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, doubling as the power button, while Google Android 11 runs out of the box.
Tecno Spark 8P (KG7h) key specs and features
- Display: 6.6-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2408px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G35 with PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128 GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 (HiOS 7.6)
- Camera: Triple 50MP AI camera with Four LED
- Front camera: 8MP Selfie with dual LED
- Video recording: 2K/1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W charger
- TECNO SPARK 8P FULL SPECS HERE
Tecno Spark 8P pricing in Nigeria.
The Spark 8P KG7H, which is the model introduced in Nigeria comes in same Turquoise Cyan, Atlantic Blue, Iris Purple, Tahiti Gold color. The 4 + 64 GB storage version is price at N77,000 in Nigeria, while the 4 + 128 GB option tips a high tag of N86,500.