Hauwei have just announced the latest Y8P in Nigeria. The device is actually the higher variant of the Y7P, and comes with some interesting features such as an under-display fingerprint scanner, an AMOLED display panel, and of course, the presence of Huawei’s self-made HiSilicon 710F CPU.
— Huawei Mobile NG (@huaweimobileng) July 25, 2020
From the display, the Huawei Y8p spots a 6.3-inch screen with 1080 x 2400 pixels resolution. The display has a U-shape notch above the screen, and boost above 90% screen-to-body ratio.
The aforementioned Huawei CPU is an octa-core chip clocked at 2.2GHz, along with Mali-G51 MP4. The unit launched in Nigeria has 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage, although, there is a 4GB RAM variant as well.
As for the optics, there is a triple lens set-up at the back, which is a combination of a 48-megapixel sensor along with a secondary 2-megapixel macro and a large 8-megapixel ultra-wide angle lens, while a single 16-megapixel selfie snapper seats upfront.
Huawei Y8P specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 157.4 x 73.2 x 7.8 mm; 163 grams
- Display: 6.3-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) FHD+ punch display
- CPU: Octa-Core HiSilicon Kirin 710F (12 nm) processor; ARM Mali-G51 MP4 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128GB and 6GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10 with EMUI 10.1 (HMS)
- Camera: Triple-rear cameras (48MP primary, 8 MP Ultrawide, 2 Depth
- Front camera: 16MP
- Video recording: 2160p and [email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4000 mAh with 10W fast charging
Huawei Y8P Price in Nigeria
The Y8P launched in Nigeria comes in Breathing Crystal and Midnight Black colors, and priced a little below N100,000 Nigerian Naira. It is available via major online and offline stores across the nation.