iTel, in collaboration with Airtel, has just introduced a super cheap 4G smartphone into the African market. The iTel A60 which will be available in other African markets like Ghana, Kenya, and Uganda, is aimed at bringing 4G network service to super low-budget smartphone users across Africa.
The iTel A60 4G smartphone is available in a single memory option with 2GB RAM and 32-Gigs of internal storage. Although, iTel did not give details about the CPU powering the device, but all indication points to UNISOC’s SC9832E, a quad-core 4 G-enabled CPU that is clocked between 1.3-1.4GHz.
The phone is given a 6.6-inches HD+ screen with 720 x 1612 pixels resolution. It has a dewdrop notch on the head, and itel said there is a 5-megapixel selfie camera within that space. Turning to the backside, the A60 4G has two camera lenses; an 8-megapixel primary sensor, along with a QVGA Ai depth sensor.
There is a large 5000mAh battery on the inside, and the company said you can get up to 8, 112, and 7.5 hours of browsing, music playback, and video playback respectively. You also get dual SIM options, Bluetooth, WiFI, Micro USB, and Google’s Android 12 (Go Edition) out of the box.
iTel A60 key specifications
- Display: 6.6-inch (720 x 1612) HD+ Dewdrop notch display
- CPU: Quad-core UNISOC SC9832 (unconfirmed)
- Storage and RAM: 32GB and 2GB RAM; expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 (Go Edition)
- Camera: Dual-rear cameras (8MP primary + 0.3 MP depth) with single LED flash
- Front camera: 5MP selfie
- Video recording: 1080p@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: FaceID, Micro USB 2.0; Fingerprint scanner (rear)
- Battery: Built-in 5000mAh battery
iTel A60 pricing and availability
Just as stated above, the iTel A60 will be sold across multiple African countries including Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria etc. It is available in three colors of Sapphire Black, Dawn Blue, and Daylight Green. It is already on sales in Nigeria, and the recommended retail price is N45,900. You can also get it online via Jumia.NG.