itel has launched its latest budget smartphone, the itel A70 4G, in Nigeria. The phone is priced at N88,888 and is available in four colors: Brilliant Gold, Starlish Black, Field Green, and Azure Blue.
The itel A70 4G is powered by a relatively new Unisoc Tiger T603 CPU and comes with either 128GB or 256GB of ROM. The phone has a 6.6-inch HD+ display, a 13-megapixel rear camera, and an 8-megapixel front camera. It also has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and a 5000mAh battery with 10W charging support.
itel is advertising the A70 4G as having 12GB of RAM, which is partially true. However, it is important to note that the phone only has either 3GB or 4GB of physical RAM.
The rest of the RAM is obtained using memory fusion technology. This technology uses a portion of the phone’s internal storage as virtual RAM, giving you as large as 8GB virtual RAM, taking the total to 12GB.
Key Specifications of the itel A70 4G
- Display: 6.6-inch HD+ IPS LCD display
- Processor: Unisoc Tiger T603 CPU
- RAM: 3GB or 4GB (up to 12GB using memory fusion technology)
- Storage: 128GB or 256GB (expandable up to 256GB using microSD card)
- Rear Camera: 13MP main camera + QVGA AI lens
- Front Camera: 8MP camera
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 10W charging support
- Operating System: Android 13 (Go Edition)
Despite being an entry-level device, the itel A70 4G offers a good set of features for the price. It has a good display with up to 500 nits of peak brightness, a decent camera system, and a large internal storage to handle all your multimedia needs. However, the RAM configuration is a marketing gimmick that may turn some fans away. (My opinion though!). The phone is already on sales via Jumia Nigeria.