Meizu has finally announced the long awaited Meizu E3 smartphone, which is the companies answer to the recently launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 5/Note 5 Pro. The smartphone has a 5.99-inch 18:9 Full HD+ display, and is powered by the all new Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 octa-core CPU along with 6GB of RAM.
The camera department includes a 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, Dual PD full-pixel focus for 0.026s fast focus along with a 20-megapixel secondary camera, to capture depth information for portrait shots and 2.5x loss-less zoom. Both have Sony sensors and are protected by sapphire glass.
The phone is built into a 7.6mm slim metal unibody, with Meizu Super mBack fingerprint sensor on the right side that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds. The fingerprint sensor also uses pressure sensitivity to perform several actions, offering comfortable one-handed usage.
The Meizu E3 packs a 3300mAh battery with mCharge fast charging that can charge the phone up to 53% in 30 minutes using 20W charger, and runs on Android 7.1 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.3. The detailed specs of Meizu E3 includes
Meizu E3 Specifications and Features
- Dimensions; Weight: 156.8 × 75 × 7.6mm;; 160g
- Display: 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass LTPS In-Cell display with 83% NTSC Color Gamut
- Processor: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 509 GPU
- Memory: 6GB LPDDR4x with 64GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Operating System: Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with Flyme OS 6.3
- Main Camera: 12-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.4μm pixel size, Sony IMX362 sensor, f/1.9 aperture, secondary 20-megapixel rear camera with Sony IMX350 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 2.5x loss-less zoom
- Front Camera: 8-megapixel front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture
- Connectivity: Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD),
- Other Features: Fingerprint sensor, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Available Colors: Black, Champagne Gold and Blue
- Battery Capacity: 3360mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
- Price: Starting at $284
Meizu E3 Pricing and Availability
The Meizu E3 will be available for pre-order in China starting March 26, and full available in store starting from March 31st in China. As for the international availability, well, one obvious thing we are sure of, is Indian should be the company’s next launch target
As for pricing, the base version with 64GB ROM is priced at 1799 yuan, while the 128GB ROM version will set you back as high as 1999 yuan, which translate to around 282 and 315 US dollars respectively.