The Motorola Edge 30 Ultra sporting the world’s first 200-megapixel android smartphone camera has been launched in Europe, and other global markets. This same device was previously unveiled in China earlier this year as the Motorola X30 Pro.
Speaking of the phone’s specifications, the ultra-high-resolution camera is not the only thing the phone has to boast about. It offers other wonderful specifications and features.
Motorola Edge 30 Ultra carries a large 6.67-inch FHD + (2400 x 1080) 144Hz screen display. To keep the power alive, the smart device packs a 4610mAh battery with 125W fast wired charging. The device offers the Android 12 OS out of the box.
The Motorola Edge 30 Ultra is equipped with a Snapdragon 8 + Gen 1 SM8475 3.2 GHz octa-core central processor chip. This processor is backed up by a high 12GB RAM, and 256GB of internal storage capacity, which is micro-SD expandable.
This is the fastest on any Motorola phones to date, and 50W wireless charging. The 125W fast charging compatible battery can be charged up to 50% in just about seven (7) minutes when plugged in to power via the type-C USB connector.
Speaking of the optical structure, the device is quite advanced in terms of the camera hood. The phone sports two other rear cameras apart from the 200-megapixel camera. These include a 50-megapixel ultrawide sensor and a 12-megapixel telephoto shooter.
Coming to the front face, there is a 60-megapixel selfie camera upfront, and this can well be used for video calling. These camera features put the device in the same league as other rivals like the Apple iPhone 14 Pro, Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus, OnePlus 10 Pro, and many others.
Motorola Edge 30 Ultra key specs
- Dimensions; weight: 161.7 x 73.5 x 8.39 mm; 198.5 grams
- Display (Main): 6.67 inch FHD+ 2400 x 1080 20:9, 144Hz, HDR10+, Gorilla Glass5
- CPU: Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 SM8475 3.2GHz Octa-core
- RAM and Storage: 12GB RAM and 256GB
- OS: Android 12
- Camera: 200MP (Main ISOCELL HP1 1/1.22 F1.95 OIS) + 50MP (Ultra wide angle S5KJN1SQ03 1/2.8 F2.2) + 12MP (Telephoto 2x IMX663 F1.6) triple camera
- Front camera: 60MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nanoSIM), 5G compatible, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Color: Starlight White, Interstellar Black
- Other Features: Fingerprint authentication sensor, Face authentication, Stereo speaker, Life waterproof, USB Type-C
- Battery: 4610mAh with 125W rapid charging and 50W wireless charging
Motorola Edge 30 Ultra availability and pricing
The Motorola Edge 30 Ultra is offered in two colorways: Starlight White and Interstellar Black. It is scheduled to be released in Europe, Brazil, Argentina, and other global markets this September. The price starts at 899.99 Euros ($903.92).