Nokia has just announced its first cheapest device for 2023. It is called the Nokia C12, and it comes in a modern design and a 6.3-inch screen. The rear of the phone mimics the more premium Nokia X30, although you are getting a single camera here, and don’t set your expectations above a plastic build.
Powering the phone is UNISOC’s SC9863A1 8-core CPU at 1.6GHz. The Chipset is backed by PowerVR GE8322, and it has 2GB RAM along with a generous 64GB ROM. This storage capacity could still be tripled, using an external 128GB SD card.
Camera specifications include a single 8-megapixel main shooter on the rear, along with an LED flash, while a single 5-megapixel selfie shooter is used on the front.
Sadly, this incredible entry-level smartphone is let down by a rather poor 3000mAh battery. Also, no fingerprint scanner is available here. Although the phone has dual 4G SIMs, it is backed by Google Android 12 (Go Edition).
Nokia C12 key specifications
- Display: 6.3-inch (720 x 1600) HD+ Dewdrop notch display
- CPU: Octa-core 1.6GHz UNISOC SC9863A1 with PowerVR GE8322 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64GB and 2GB RAM; expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 (Go Edition)
- Camera: 8MP with single LED flash
- Front camera: 5MP selfie
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE, Bluetooth 5.2
- Other Features: FaceID, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: Built-in 3000mAh battery with 5W charger
Pricing and availability
The Nokia C12 is available in Charcoal, Dark Cyan, and Light Mint colors, and it is IP52 certified. The phone will be available across Europe, the Middle East, and the Africa market. Pricing is tagged at 109 Euros.