OPPO Mobile has officially announced the entry-level A17 smartphone. The device which is the direct successor to the A16-series, is powered by an 8-core MediaTek Helio G35 CPU, has dual camera lenses on the rear and boot Google Android 12 OS out of the box.
Specification details of OPPO A17
As far as specifications are concerned, the A17 smartphone offers a lot of similar specs to the A57s 4G, or the OnePlus Nord N20 SE. It comes in a 6.56-inches screen, with 720 x 1612 pixels. The display is IPS and it has a dewdrop notch on the head.
Brain power on the A17 comes from the aforementioned Helio G35 CPU from MediaTek. The 8-core SoC is clocked at 2.3GHz, coupled with PowerVR GE8320 GPU, 4GB RAM and a 64GB ROM.
Two camera lenses are used on the rear of the phone. These includes a 50-megapixel primary camera with PDAF and F/1.8 aperture, and a 2-megapixel depth sensor with 2.4 aperture. There is a single LED flash on the rearm while a 5-megapixel selfie shooter is used on the front.
OPPO A17 Key Specifications
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1612px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G35 with PowerVR GE8320 (@680MHz) GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 1TB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Dual-cameras
- 50MP f/1.8 main camera with an LED flash
- 2MP f/2.4 depth lens
- Front camera: 5MP f/2.2 Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh
OPPO A17 pricing and availability
The OPPO A17 is available in Midnight Black and Lake Blue colors. It is announced and already on sales in Malaysia, and the asking price is 599 Malay ringgits, and equivalent of 139 USD.