OPPO have just released the A93 5G variant, and as the heading suggests, the device is the second smartphone in the world to run on Qualcomm’s cheaper 5G entry-level CPU, the Snapdragon 480. This CPU was announced earlier this January, and was first used on the recently announced Vivo’s Y31s 5G, now joined by OPPO and it A93 5G model.
There was a version of A93 released by OPPO mobile last year, but that model only has 4G LTE network speed, and the CPU was different of course. Now, it is not only newer CPU that the A93 5G offers, it also come with latest Google Android 11 OS, with Color OS 11.1 custom skin on top.
The A93 5G has triple cameras at the back, and the main snappers is 48-megapixel sensor, along with dual 2-megapixel depth and macro snappers, while a single 8-megapixel lens is used in the punch notch upfront.
The device depend on a 5000mAh battery that support 18W fast charging via USB-C cable. It has 8GB RAM with either 128/256GB built-in none expandable storage.
OPPO A93 5G Key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 162.9 x 74.7 x 8.4 mm; 188 grams
- Display: 6.5-inch IPS LCD screen with 1080 x 2400 pixels FHD+ with 20:9 ratio and 90Hz refresh rate
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core Snapdragon 480 with Adreno 619 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256 GB and 8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with Color OS 11.1
- Camera: Triple-Cameras:
- 48MP f/1.8 main camera;
- 2MP 4CM macro (f/2.4)
- 2MP depth sensor (f/2.4)
- Front camera: 8MP
- Video recording: [email protected], [email protected]/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Connectivity: Dual SIM; GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G SA / NSA compatible, Bluetooth 5.1
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W fast charging
OPPO A93 5G pricing and availability
The A93 5G is available in Black, Silver and Gradient colors. It is currently available only in China, and the 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM is priced at 1,999 yuan, about $308 USD. The 128GB ROM variant should be priced cheaper.