OPPO have just introduced the A57 5G smartphone in China. The entry-level 5G device, which is obviously the first smartphone in the A57-series is adorned with Dimensity 810 CPU from MediaTek, but slightly let down by a weak camera setup.
Talking about camera, the OPPO A57 5G has two lenses on the rear; a 13-megapixel main shooter with F/2.2, and a 2-megapixel depth lens with F2.4 aperture, along with an LED flash. On the front, the model is given an 8-megapixel selfie lens with F/2.0 aperture.
The Dimensity 810 CPU is backed by either 6/8GB RAM, and a 128-Gigs of internal storage. The most interesting part of the phone is the presence of Google Android 12, with OPPO’s ColorOS 12.1.
The phone itself is fitted with a 6.56-inches HD+ dot-screen. It has a sided fingerprint scanner, while a 5000mAh battery is built into the phone’s 7.99mm body.
OPPO A57 5G key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 163.8 x 75.1 x 7.99 mm; 186 grams
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD screen with 720 x 1612px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 810 with Mali-G57 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128GB ROM and 6/8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Dual-Cameras:
- 13MP f/2.2 main,
- 2MP depth f/2.4 cameras
- Front camera: 8MP f/2.0
- Video recording: [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W fast charging
OPPO A57 5G pricing and availability
The A57 5G is available in three colors; including Lilac Language, Quiet Night Black, and Deep Sea Blue. The 8GB RAM version of the phone is already on sales in China via OPPO’s online store, and the asking price is 1,499 CNY, an equivalent of about $235 US Dollars.