OPPO also introduced the Reno8 Pro Plus as the higher model of the Reno8-series. This model share a lot in common with the Pro model, but comes in a slightly taller screen, and the CPU is switch from Snapdragon 7 Gen1, to Dimensity 8100-MAX CPU from MediaTek.
Talking about screen, the Reno8 Pro Plus comes in a 6.7-inches AMOLED display with a centralized notch. It is actually the first OPPO device to have it notch placed in the middle of the screen. The display support up to 800 nits of Max brightness, and it is fitted with Corning Gorilla Glass 5, and up to 120Hz refresh rate.
The same camera specs used on the Pro model is also used on here as well. These includes a 50-megapixel Sony IMX766, 8-megapixel ultrawide and a third 2-megapixel depth sensor, while the frontal notch houses a 32-megapixel selfie camera.
The rest of the specs on the Reno8 Pro Plus remains the same with the Pro model. The phone’s built-in battery capacity is capped at 4500mAh, and it support 80W fast charger as well. Storage options on here is either 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM, or 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM.
OPPO Reno8 Pro Plus 5G key specs and features
- Display: 6.7-inch AMOLED screen with 1 billion colors, 1080 x 2412 FHD+, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 and a 120Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.85GHz octa-core Dimensity 8100-MAX with Arm Odin MC6 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256GB ROM and 8/12GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 with ColorOS 12.1
- Camera: Triple-Cameras:
- 50MP Main IMX766 with f/1.8 aperture
- 8MP Ultrawide with F/2.2 and
- 2MP Macro with f/2.4 aperture
- Front camera: 32MP (Sony IMX709)
- Video recording: [email protected] / [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4500mAh with 80W fast charging
OPPO Reno8 Pro Plus pricing and availability
The Reno8 Pro Plus is available in Roaming Gray, Undercurrent Black and Happy Green. The 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM option costs 3,699 yuan, while the higher model with 12GB RAM and a 256GB ROM is pegged at 3,999 yuan, translating to $555 and $600 US Dollars respectively. OPPO is already collating pre-orders in China for June 11th ship-outs.