In addition to the vanilla Pixel 7, Google announced the Pixel 7 Pro. The 7 Pro is specifically for tech enthusiast who practically wants more from their smartphones. This model gets you a bigger and better screen, and an extra camera sensor, which is a dedicated telephoto lens.
As the law of economy has stated, higher price should always be expected with higher quality. So unlike the standard Pixel 7 that starts at just $599, the Pixel 7 Pro starts from $899 for the base model.
At the above price, you are getting a 6.7-inches LTPO AMOLED screen featuring 120Hz, HDR10+ and up to 1500 nits of peak brightness. The Pixel 7 Pro is powered by Google’s self developed Tensor G2 SoC, which is the sensor to the initial Tensor Chip used on the Pixel 6-series.
Storage option on the phone begins from 12GB RAM with either 128, 256 or 512GB ROM. The phone has an under-display fingerprint scanner, support dual stereo speakers and boot Google Android 13 OS out of the box.
Unlike the standard Pixel 7 that has just two camera lenses, the 7 Pro is given three sensors. These includes a primary 50-megapixel sensor, a 12-megapixel ultrawide and a third 48-megapixel telephoto lens, while a single 10.8-megapixel selfie camera is used on the front. Both the front and rear setup are capable of 4K video records at 30/60fps
Google Pixel 7 Pro key specifications
- Display: 6.7 inch LTPO AMOLED screen with 1440 x 3120, 120Hz, Gorilla Victus, 1500 peak brightness and HDR10+
- CPU: 2.85GHz Octa-core Google Tensor G2 with Mali-G710 MC10
- RAM and Storage: 12GB RAM with 128GB/128/512GB ROM (No SD-card)
- OS: Android 13
- Camera: Triple camera with Dual-LED flash, Pixel Shift and Auto-HDR
- 50MP main with F/1.85, multi-directional PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 48MP Telephoto lens with F/3.5, multi-directional PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom
- 2MP Ultrawide with 114° FoV, and F/2.2 aperture
- Front camera: 10.8MP selfie with F/2.2 aperture
- Video recording: up to [email protected]/60fps front and rear
- Connectivity: Single with eSIM 5G / 4G VoLTE, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2, Wi-Fi
- Other Features: Fingerprint (in-screen), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 30W and 23W wired and wireless charger.
Google Pixel 7 Pro pricing and availability
The Pixel 7 Pro comes in Obsidian, Snow and Hazel colors. The model will start selling from October 13th. Although you can already pre-order a unit via the company’s website. And as was stated earlier, the base model with 12GB RAM and 128GB ROM will start from $899.