Xiaomi have just announced the Poco X3 Pro, the upgraded version of Poco X3 NFC of last year. The new comer is both an upgrade and downgrade in certain areas compared to the predecessor. For example, the CPU in the newest device is pushed to Snapdragon 860, an iteration of Snapdragon 855 of 2018. This CPU is not 5G enabled, which means the X3 Pro will offer same 4G max connection of the standard X3.
On the other hand, some of the camera specs of last years X3 NFC are missing here, for example, the main snapper on the new X3 Pro is a 48-megapixel lens with 1/2.0″ sensor size, while the last years model had 64-megapixel lens with a slightly larger 1/1.73″ sensor size. The 13-megapixel ultrawide lens on the older model is dropped to 8MP on the Pro model, but the dual 2-megapixel depth and macro snappers retained their placement.
It is also worth mentioning that the new Poco X3 Pro have slightly tougher Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection, as against the Gorilla Glass 5 used on the older model. Other aspect of the device remains almost same with the vanilla model.
You are getting same 6.67-inches display with 1080p IPS panel, HDR10 and up to 120Hz refresh rate. Two storage models are available; which includes a 6GB RAM + 128GB ROM, or 8GB RAM pegged with 256GB ROM.
Powering the device is a 5160mAh battery with 33W fast charging. There is a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, Hybrid Nano-SIMs, Bluetooth 5.0 and the latest Android 11 with MIUI 12 out of the box.
Poco X3 NFC Key specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 165.3 x 76.8 x 9.4 mm; 215 grams
- Display: 6.67-inch LCD 1080 2400px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio, HDR10 and 120Hz refresh rate
- CPU: 2.89GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 732 with Adreno 618 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128 GB and 6GB RAM
- OS: Android 10 with MIUI 12
- Camera: Quad- cameras: 64MP f/1.7 Sony IMX682 sensor main camera; 2MP macro lens, 13MP ultra wide and 2MP depth
- Front camera: 20MP Tiny DOT Notch camera
- Video recording: [email protected], [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]
- Connectivity: GSM / CDMA / HSPA / 4G LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side-mounted), USB Type-C, dual stereo speaker, NFC, IR Blaster
- Battery: 5160 mAh with 33W fast charging
Poco X3 Pro price and availability
The X3 Pro comes in Phantom Black, Frost Blue and Metal Bronze. It is currently headed to Europe, Asian Pacific, India and few other regions. As for pricing, the base model with 6GB RAM and 128GB ROM cost 249 Euros, while the 8GB RAM and 256GB ROM comes in at 299 Euros; about $296 and $356 US Dollars respectively.