When the rumor for the Realme V15 first hit the web, it was all thought to be a super flagship smartphone with high-end specs. Some including our self, even labeled it as the Realme Ace, a supposed gaming smartphone to rock Snapdragon 888 CPU. Perhaps, all those are still on the way, but as for the Realme V15 5G, it debut officially today, and all we got is a 7nm MediaTek Dimensity 800U, a 5G CPU housed in a 6.4-inches display.
From the frontal view, the device comes in a 6.4-inch Full HD+ Samsung Super AMOLED screen with 60Hz refresh rate and 180Hz touch sampling rate, 90.8% screen-to-body ratio (advertised), in-display fingerprint scanner and a 16-megapixel camera housed in the frontal notch.
Turning to the back, there is an assembly of a triple snappers, led by a 64-megapixel rear camera along with an 8-megapixel 119° ultra-wide sensor, a 2-megapixel 4cm macro camera.
In addition to the Dimensity CPU on the inside, there is a built-in 4310mAh battery that supports 50W fast charging with a chargeable speed of 100% in 57 minutes, and Realme was even generous enough to include a 65W charger in the box instead.
Realme V15 5G key specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 160.9×75.1×8.1 mm; 170 grams
- Display: 6.4-inch AMOLED screen with 1080 x 2400px FHD+ with 20:9 ratio and 60Hz refresh
- CPU: 2.4GHz octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 800U (MT6873V) 7nm with Mali-G57 MC3 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128GB (UFS 2.1) and 6/8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 10 with Realme UI 2.0
- Camera: Triple-Cameras: 64MP f/1.8 main camera; 8MP 119° ultra-wide angle lens with f/2.3 and third 2MP F/2.4 4CM depth lens
- Front camera: 16MP
- Video recording: [email protected], [email protected]/60/120fps, gyro-EIS
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G SA/ NSA
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C
- Battery: 4310mAh with 50W fast charging
Realme V15 5G pricing and availability
The Realme V15 5G is available in Silver, Blue and Yellow/Pink colors. It cost 1,399 yuan for the 6GB RAM and 1,999 yuan for the 8GB RAM version, which is about $216 and $309 USD respectively. Pre-order is already on in China, but full sales will commence on the 14th of January.