Xiaomi have just released yet another Redmi smartphone in Nigeria. The A-series of Redmi devices is Xiaomi’s cheapest series of smartphone for buyers on budget, and the 10A is now the cheapest phone from Xiaomi, among the company’s latest budget offers.
The 10A is the direct successor to the Redmi 9A of last year, and the smaller version of the 10C. It is powered by an 8-core MediaTek Helio G25 CPU, sport a 6.53-inches HD+ screen, and backed by either 3/4GB RAM with 32/64-gigs of built-in storage.
Camera specs are nothing out of extraordinary. You are getting a single 13-megapixel sensor on the rear, while the frontal sensor is a 5-megapixel shooter. Both of these are capable of 1080p video footage, while MIUI 12.5 with Google Android 11 is available out of the box.
One notable upgrade on the new Redmi 10A over last years Redmi 9A, is the presence of a rear fingerprint scanner, placed within the camera module. Power is supplied from a 5000mAh battery, but the charging interface is still MicroUSB.
Redmi 10A Key Specifications and Features
- Dimensions; weight: 164.9 x 77 x 9 mm; 194 grams
- Display: 6.53-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G25 with PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 32/64GB and 3/4GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with MIUI v12.5
- Camera: Single 13MP f/1.8 main camera with single LED
- Front camera: 5MP f/2.0 Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear) FaceID, Micro USD 2.0
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W charger
Redmi 10A pricing and availability
Folks who want to get a unit of the Redmi 10A can choose between either Charcoal Black, Sea Blue or Slate Grey colors. Although Redmi team is yet to reveal the pricing of the model in Nigeria, so online or offline availability might be pushed to next week.