Finally, Tecno Mobility have resurrected it Phantom series with the launch of the Phantom 9 smartphone in Nigeria. The Tecno Phantom 9 is the direct successor of the Phantom 8 launched back in 2017. Being Tecno’s flagship model, the device comes with many notable improvement over the predecessor.
Some highlights of the device specification includes: a large 6.4-inch Full-HD+ U-shaped notch display, taunted at about 83% screen-to-body ratio. The processing power is supplied by the MediaTek MT6765 Helio P35 CPU, along with PowerVG GE8320 GPU, 6GB of RAM and 128GB expandable storage.
Interestingly, the Phantom 9 does not have a rear placed fingerprint, but instead, Tecno made use of in-screen fingerprint scanner, the first of it kind from the company. Other specification and features of the Phantom 9 are are detailed below.
Tecno Phantom 9 Specifications and Features
- 6.4-inch (1080 x 2340 pixels) Full-HD+ display with 500 nits brightness
- 2.35GHz Octa-Core MediaTek Helio P35 (MT6765) 12nm processor with 650MHz IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- HiOS 5.0 based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 2MP camera, 8MP 120° ultra-wide camera, quad LED flash
- 32MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, AI Face Unlock
- Dimensions: 158.46 x 75.3 x 7.85 mm
- Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth, GPS
- 3500mAh battery
Tecno Phantom 9 Pricing and Availability
The Tecno Phantom 9 comes in Aura Blue colors, and is priced at N77,000 in Nigeria, which translates to around $209 US Dollars. The device is currently available in Nigeria and few other African countries, will be launch in India on the 10th of July, 2019.