Tecno, a Chinese smartphone manufacturer, has announced its latest concept smartphone, the Phantom Ultimate. Unlike the V Fold, the Phantom Ultimate is a rollable smartphone that features a standard 6.55-inch screen that can be extended to 7.11 inches with the press of a button or a simple gesture.
The Phantom Ultimate is powered by a mechanical drive that allows the user to easily extend or retract the screen without having to use a second hand. The OLED panel itself is made using LTPO technology with a resolution of 2296 x 1596 pixels (388 ppi).
In terms of design, the Phantom Ultimate is relatively slim, measuring just 9.93 mm thick. The back of the phone is made of corrugated frosted glass for a better grip. There is also an auxiliary mini-display on the side of the phone with the AOD function.
Here are some of the key features of the Tecno Phantom Ultimate:
- Rollable display with a standard size of 6.55 inches and an extended size of 7.11 inches
- Mechanical drive for easy extension and retraction of the screen
- LTPO OLED panel with a resolution of 2296 x 1596 pixels (388 ppi)
- Slim design, measuring just 9.93 mm thick
- Corrugated frosted glass back for a better grip
- Auxiliary mini-display with the AOD function
The Phantom Ultimate is currently just a concept device, but Tecno has said that it is working on bringing it to market in the next 1-2 years. If successful, the Phantom Ultimate could be a major player in the rollable smartphone market.