Tecno Mobile has launched its latest smartphone, the POVA 5, in Thailand. The phone is priced starting at THB 4,999 (around USD 141) for the 8GB + 128GB model and THB 5,799 (around USD 163) for the 8GB + 256GB model.
The TECNO POVA 5 is the direct successor to the Pova 4, and it comes in a 6.78-inch FHD+ LCD screen with a 120Hz refresh rate. It is powered by the MediaTek Helio G99 SoC and has 8GB of RAM and 128GB or 256GB of internal storage.
The phone has a dual rear camera system, consisting of a 50MP main sensor, and an AI lens depth lens. There is also an 8MP front-facing camera for selfies and video calls.
The TECNO POVA 5 is powered by a 6,000mAh battery with support for 45W fast charging. It runs Android 13 with HiOS 13 out of the box.
Key Specifications of TECNO POVA 5:
- Display: 6.78-inch (1080 x 2460 pixels) FHD+ LCD screen with 120Hz refresh rate
- CPU: Octa Core MediaTek Helio G99 6nm processor (2x Cortex-A76 @ 2.2GHz 6x Cortex-A55 @ 2GHz) with Arm Mali-G57 MC2
- RAM: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB / 256GB internal storage, expandable memory with microSD
- Rear: 50MP main sensor, 2MP depth sensor, AI lens
- Front: 8MP
- Battery: 6,000mAh battery with support for 45W fast charging
- Software: Android 13 with HiOS 13
- Other: Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Stereo speakers, DTS
- Dimensions: 168.61 × 76.61 × 9mm
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C, NFC
The TECNO POVA 5 is available in three colors: Hurricane Blue, Amber Gold, and Mecha Black. It will be available in other Southeast Asian countries, the Middle East, and Latin America starting from July 7th. There’s also a limited Free Fire Special Edition of the Pova 5, in collaboration with the Garena-hosted battle royale game.