Vivo has officially announced the T2X smartphone, a 6000mAh battery-powered device with up to 44W fast charging. Not just that, the phone also gets Dimensity 1300 CPU, and up to 144Hz screen refresh rating.
This Dimensity 1300 CPU is a major upgrade over the first generation Vivo T1x which was powered by Dimensity 900 CPU. Recall that the T1x also had a 6.58-inches screen with 120Hz refresh. It is the same screen on the new T2X, but now, with 144Hz refresh.
The higher refresh rate is obviously the reason Vivo has pushed the battery on the T2X to 6000mAh battery, an extra 1000mAh juice over the predecessor with 5000mAh.
Coming to the camera specs and like it predecessor, the T2x is given two camera lenses. But the main sensor is now 50-megapixel with F/1.8, instead of the 64-megapixel main lens on the older model. The secondary rear camera is a 2-megapixel lens with F/2.4 aperture, while a 16-megapixel selfie camera is used on the front.
The phone is available in either 8GB RAM + 128GB storage option, or 8GB RAM + 256GB option. It support dual Nano-SIM with both 4G and 5G network options, Bluetooth 5.2, and runs on Google Android 12 with OriginOS 2.0 out of the box.
Vivo T2X key features
- Display: 6.58 inch IPS screen 1080 x 2408pixels, 144Hz refresh and 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 3.0GHz octa-core Dimensity 1300 CPU with Mali-77 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256GB (UFS3.1) and 8GB RAM; with microSD support
- OS: Android 12 (OriginOS 2.0)
- Camera: Dual:
- 50MP, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, Dual LED
- 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Front camera: 16MP Selfie with F/2.0
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 6000mAh with 44W charger
Vivo T2x pricing and availability
As far as painting option is concern, the Vivo T2x comes in Fog Blue and Mirror Black. The 8GB RAM with 128GB ROM cost 1,699 yuan, while the 8GB RAM with 256GB ROM is pegged at 1,899 yuan, an equivalent of $255 and $285 respectively. Both models are currently on preorder in China.