Apple announced just a single smartphone with Notch design, but not Vivo, the company seems to have many smartphones with Notch design on it shelve this year, among which is the recently launched Vivo V9. The Vivo V9 is the latest offering among from the companies V-series.
The V9 is more of phanblet than a smartphone owning to it large 6.3-inch FHD+ display with 19:9 aspect ratio, built into a 2.5D curved glass display. The smartphone boost a 1.75mm bezels, resulting into whooping 90% screen-to-body ratio.
It camera department includes a 24-megapixel front camera with A.I face beauty for a perfect image event in low-light or glare and has face unlock. It also lets you add AR stickers to images. At the back, you get a 16-megapixel rear camera along with a secondary 5-megapixel camera to capture the depth information for portrait shots. It has a metal and glass design, comes with dedicated dual SIM and microSD slots
CPU strength comes from a Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage, runs Android 8.1 (Oreo) with Funtouch OS 4.0 and a built-in 3260mAh battery. The full specifications and features of the Vivo V9 includes:
Vivo V9 Specifications and Features
- Dimensions; Weight: 154.81 x 75.03 x 7.89mm; 150g
- Display: 6.3-inch (2280 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:9 IPS display
- Processor: 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 Mobile Platform with Adreno 506 GPU
- Memory: 4GB RAM, 64GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Operating System: Funtouch OS 4.0 based on Android 8.1 (Oreo)
- Main Camera: 16MP rear camera with LED flash, secondary 5MP camera
- Front Camera: 24MP front-facing camera with soft LED flash
- Connectivity: Trio Card slot (nano + nano + microSD), 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- Other Features: Fingerprint sensor,
- Available Colors: Black, Gold
- Battery Capacity: 3260mAh (typical) / 3300mAh (minimum) battery with fast charging
- Price: Starting at $350
Vivo V9 Pricing and Availabilty
The Vivo V9 comes in Black and Gold colors, is priced in Thailand at 10,999 Thai Baht and in Philippines at 17,990 Philippine Piso, which translate to around 350 US dollars and 343 US dollars respectively.
The device is already available for pre-order in Thailand until the 29th of March. While full online and offline sales is scheduled to take off on the 30th of March 2018. and goes on sale from March 30th.
The Vivo V9 is scheduled to launch in India on the 22nd of March, with similar price range. The device will also be available in other markets via online stores.