Vivo has announced the launch of a new entry-level smartphone, the Vivo Y02s in the Philippines. The smartphone features a 6.51-inch water drop notch display that offers an HD+ resolution of 1600×720 pixels and a standard 60Hz refresh rate.
The device is a budget smartphone, but for now, let’s look closely at the specifications and features, with the availability and price of the newly launched Vivo Y02s.
Vivo Y02s is equipped with a MediaTek Helio P35 MT6765 2.3GHz octa-core CPU, and it measures 163.95×75.55×8.19mm in dimension and weighs around 182 grams.
The body of the Vivo Y02s adopts a right-angle frame design, and the rear panel is made of a glass-like material, and this is claimed by the company to be scratch and fingerprint resistant.
The Vivo Y02s device is paired with 3GB of RAM and a 32GB of onboard internal storage capacity. It also has a dedicated memory card slot which means the storage can be expanded to your taste.
The OS is Android 12 (Funtouch OS 12) version, and the smartphone is powered by a large-capacity 5000mAh battery to keep it alive, and it supports a 10W fast charging technology.
Vivo Y02s comes with only a single 8-megapixels camera on the rear side. However, the ports has two bumps, one of which houses the LED flash. On the front, the smartphone has a 5-megapixel selfie camera.
On connectivity features, the device has a dual-SIM ports, 4G, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and a 3.5mm audio jack. It is available in two color options: Sapphire Blue and Shine Black.
Vivo Y02s specifications and features
- Dimensions; weight: 163.95 × 75.55 × 8.19mm; 182 grams
- Display (Main): 6.51 inch HD+ 1600 x 720 20:9 IPS
- CPU: MediaTek Helio P35 MT6765 2.3GHz octa-core
- RAM and Storage: 3GB RAM and 32GB (micro-SD compatible up to 256GB)
- OS: Android 12 (Funtouch OS 12)
- Camera: 8MP
- Front camera: 5MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (nanoSIM), 4G LTE, VoLTE, Jovi, Bluetooth, WiFi
- Color: Flourite Black, Vibrant Blue
- Other Features: Face authentication (Face Wake), Earphone terminal, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh (with 10W fast charger)
Vivo Y02s availability and pricing
The Vivo Y02s smartphone is available in two color options: Sapphire Blue and Shine Black. The new budget device will be released in Philippines and Malaysia in August 2022, and the cost would be about 6,499 PHP (about 16,000 yen and equivalent to $115.60).