Vivo have just announced a new smartphone in India dubbed Y21, and since a smartphone from this company with exact model number have existed since December of 2015, this new comer will henceforth be referred to as Y21 (2021).
The new comer is based on MediaTek’s Helio P35 octa-core CPU, has either 64GB or 128GB of built-in storage, and powered by Google Android 11 with Funtouch v11.1 out of the box. It is listed as having 5GB of RAM; a combination of 4GB physical RAM, and 1GB of expandable virtual RAM from the built-in storage.
As for the optics, you get dual snappers on the rear; a 13-megapixel sensor with F/2.2 and 2-megapixel macro lens, while a single 8-megapixel selfie lens is kept above the screen on the front. Talking about the front, the Y21 (2021) sports a 6.51-inches screen with HD+ display. The device is powered by a 5000mAh battery, and supports 18W fast charger.
Vivo Y21 (2021) Key Specifications and Features
- Display: 6.51-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.3GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio P35 CPU with PowerVR GE 8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64/128GB and 4GB RAM; expandable up to 1TB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 with Funtouch 11.1
- Camera: Dual-cameras: 13MP f/2.2 main camera and 2MP macro lens with f/2.4
- Front camera: 8MP f/1.8 Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected]
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18Wcharger
Vivo Y21 (2021) pricing and availability
The Y21 (2021) comes in Midnight Blue and Diamond Glow. The model is currently available in India, and priced at Rs 13,990 and Rs 15,490 for 64GB and 128GB storage model respectively.