Along with the Y35, Vivo’s Y22 smartphone with Helio G85 CPU, 50MP main camera along with a 5000mAh battery is now official in Nigeria. The phone is currently sold in the country, via both online and offline streams, and the asking price is N115,900.
At the above price, you are getting a 6.55-inches phone with 720 x 1612 pixels resolution. The phone comes in a thin 8.4mm body. Aside the unknown glass screen on the front, the rest of the built is plastic, but it is IP4X and IP5X rated for both water and dust resistance.
The model announced in Nigeria comes with 4GB RAM and a 64-Gigs of internal storage. The Y22 smartphone comes with two camera lenses on it back; a 50-megapixel main sensor, and a 2-megapixel macro lens, while a single 8-megapixel selfie sensor is used on the front.
The device comes with a side-mounted fingerprint scanner, support Bluetooth 5.0 and powered by a 5000mAh battery with 18W fast charger out of the box. The operating system is Google Android 12, and it is based on Funtouch 12 OS out of the box.
Vivo Y22 key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 164.3 x 76.1 x 8.38 mm; 190 grams
- Display: 6.55 inch HD+ 1612 x 720 20:9, 90Hz, LCD
- CPU: MediaTek Helio G85 2.0GHz octa-core with Mali-G52 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB RAM and 64GB (microSD compatible up to 1TB)
- OS: Android 12 (Funtouch OS 12)
- Camera: 50MP (Main F1.8) + 2MP (depth F2.4) dual camera
- Front camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (NanoSIM), VoLTE, 4G LTE, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Other Features: Fingerprint sensor (side), Face recognition (Face Wake), Waterproof and dustproof (IPX4/IP5X), Earphone terminal, USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 18W quick charging compatible
Pricing and availability
The Y22 comes in Starlite Blue, Metaverse Green and Summer Cyan colors. Only the 4GB RAM with 64GB ROM is currently available in Nigeria. It arrived along with the bigger and stronger Y35. But the Y22 is cheaper, since it is priced at N115,900, instead of the above 162K price tag on the Y35.