Xiaomi has announced the high-spec and one of the most expected phone of 2020; the Xiaomi Mi 10 in China. The highlight remains the presence of Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 and the massive 108-megapixel main camera. The device has a 6.67 inch (2380 × 1080) display, up to 12GB RAM and 256 GB built-in storage.
The display is an organic EL AMOLED screen with a 90Hz refresh rate. It has a punch-hole atop housing the selfie camera. The device makes use of Vapour Chamber (VC) liquid cooling system for heat dissipation. The device is 5G compatible which is one of the key features of Snapdragon 865 SoC.
Performance wise, the Mi 10 Pro is able to make it above 585000 point on Antutu benchmark. The SD 865 present in the device is an octa-core Chip, clocked at 2.84GHz along with Adreno 650 GPU. It is available in few storage options of either 8GB RAM + 128GB ROM (Mi 10 only), 8GBRAM + 256GB ROM, 12GB RAM + 256GB ROM and 12GB RAM and 512GB ROM (Mi 10 Pro only)
Xiaomi Mi 10 and Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro Key Differences
There are few silent difference between the Xiaomi 10 and the Xiaomi 10 Pro. While both device has same screen, CPU and even camera setups, they still have few difference, for example;
- The Mi 10 has 4780mAh battery, while the Mi 10 Pro has just 4500mAh battery.
- But the 10 Pro support 50W super fast charging, while the standard Xiaomi 10 has only 30W fast charging.
- The Mi 10 storage starts from 8GB RAM and 128GB ROM, while the Xiaomi 10 Pro starts from 8GB RAM and 256GB internal storage
- Also, the standard Xiaomi 10 is available in three color variants, which includes Peach gold, Ice blue, Titanium silver black. The 10 Pro on the other hand is limited to two colors of Pearl White and Starry Blue.
- For audio lovers, the Mi 10 comes with dual linear 1.0cc stereo speakers while it elder brother, the Mi 10 Pro comes with a larger chamber 1.2cc dual stereo speakers.
- While both devices has four camera sensors with 108-main camera at the back, camera wise, the Mi 10 Pro is the real deal; More in camera section below.
- Then pricing: more in pricing section below.
Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro Camera Specs Differences
Xiaomi Mi 10 4-Camera Setups
- 108 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.33″, PDAF, OIS
- 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens f/2.4 1.12um
- 2MP depth sensor f/2.4
- 2MP macro lens f/2.4 1.75um 2-10cm stabilizes
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 4-Camera Setup
- 108 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.33″, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS
- 8 MP, f/2.0, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS, 10x hybrid optical zoom
- 12 MP, f/2.0, (portrait), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, dual pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom
- 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide)
Both device has dual LED flash at the back, and both can record 8K video. You are also getting a single 20-megapixel selfie sensor on both phones. And of course, there is no SD card support on either of the variants. But you are getting an in-screen fingerprint scanner on both variants.
Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi Pro Pricing
The Xiaomi Mi 10 and the Mi 10 Pro are priced as follows;
Xiaomi Mi 10/10 Pro PricingPricing and availability of the Xiaomi Mi 10/10 Pro
|RAM + ROM||Mi 10||Mi 10 Pro|
|8 GB + 128 GB||China: 3,999 Yuan|
USA: $572 USD
|8GB + 256 GB||China: 4,299 Yuan|
USA: $615 USD
|China: 4,999 Yuan
USA: $716 USD
|12 GB + 256 GB||China: 4,699 Yuan|
USA: $673 USD
|China: 5,499 Yuan
USA: $787 USD
|12 GB + 512||NA||China: 5,999 Yuan
USA: $859 USD
Interesting, the Mi 10 and the 10 Pro are both 5G enable smartphone by default, and come with support both SA and NSA 5G standards out of the box. There is room for dual Nano-SIM on-board, and you are also getting the latest Android 10 underneath MIUI v11.