Xiaomi has officially announced the Mi 11, a smartphone with 6.81-inches 2K display and the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC. The Xiaomi 11 is the world first smartphone to debut with the Snapdragon 888, and comes as the direct successor to the Mi 10 released back in February of 2020.
Among other upgrades, Xiaomi seems to put more effort on the display prowess of the Mi 11, the device even come with A+ rating from DisplayMate. As for physical size, the device packs a 6.81-inch E4 AMOLED quad curved Dot-Display with peak brightness of up to 1,500 nits, 120Hz refresh rate and 480Hz touch sampling rate with MEMC motion compensation and protected by Corning’s Gorilla Glass Victus.
As far as internal hardware goes, the Mi 11 is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 888 5nm CPU with up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and VC LiquidCool Technology.
The phone packs a 108MP primary camera at the back, with 1/1.33″ large image sensor and OIS support, a secondary 12MP 123° ultra-wide angle camera and a third 5MP 50mm telephoto macro lens.
The built quality is all glass, housed in an aluminum frame that houses a 4600mAh battery with 55W wired and 50W wireless fast charging as well as 10W wireless reverse charging.
Xiaomi Mi 11 Key specs and features
- Dimensions; weight: 164.3 x 74.6 x 8.1 mm; 194 grams
- Display: 6.81-inch 1440 x 3200; AMOLED, 120Hz, HDR10+, 1500 nits (max)
- CPU: 2.84 Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 with Adreno 660 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256 GB and 8/12GB RAM without car slot
- OS: Android 11 with MIUI 12.5
- Camera: Triple-Cameras: 108MP primary camera with f/1.9, PDAF OIS; 13MP ultra wide lens with f/2.4 aperture and 5MP 500mm telephoto macro lens
- Front camera: 20MP
- Video recording: [email protected]/30fps, [email protected]/60fps, [email protected]/60/120/240/480fps; gyro-EIS
- Connectivity: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C 3.1, NFC, Bluetooth 5.2, stereo speakers
- Battery: 4600mAh with 55W wired and 50W wireless fast charging as well as 10W wireless reverse charging
Xiaomi Mi 11 pricing and availability
The Mi 11 is available in Black, White, Light blue, Brown (leather), Purple (leather) colors. The device is already available on pre-order in China, and will officially go on sales on the 1st of January at the following prices;
- The Mi 11 with 8GB and 128GB version is priced at 3999 yuan or $611 USD
- The 8GB and 256GB costs 4299 yuan or $657 USD.
- While the top-end variant with 12GB and 256GB storage costs 4699 yuan in China, or $718 USD.
Additional Note on Charger:
Xiaomi said the Mi 11 Mainland China standard version will not come with any charger in the box, while a second version will come with a separate 55W charger in the box. Both versions are offered at the same price, allowing users to purchase based on their need, said the company.