Xiaomi has officially launched its latest budget smartphones, the Redmi A2 and A2 Plus, which are successors to the Redmi A1 and the A1 Plus models from last year.
The Redmi A2 series retains the same 6.52-inch HD+ IPS LCD screen as its predecessor, but with a change in its processor. The phone is now powered by an Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G36 processor, replacing the Helio A22 quad-core SoC used in the A1-series.
The device runs on the stock Android 12 Go Edition operating system, with 2GB or 3GB LPDDR4X RAM and 32GB eMMC 5.1 internal storage, which can be expanded up to 1TB with a microSD card.
The duo has an 8MP rear camera with a secondary depth sensor, as well as a 5MP front-facing camera. It also features a leather-like design and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 10W charging. The Redmi A2 Plus variant has a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, which is absent on the vanilla model.
Xiaomi Redmi A2 and the A2 Plus Key Specifications
- Display: 6.52-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: Octa-core MediaTek Helio G36 CPU
- Storage and RAM: 32GB GB and 2/3GB RAM; expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 Go Edition
- Camera: Dual-cameras
- 8MP main camera
- 2MP depth sensor
- Front camera: 5MP Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/@30fps
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (rear), Micro USB
- Battery: 5000mAh with 10W charging
The Redmi A2 and A2 Plus come in Light Blue, Light Green, and Black colors. The phones have been listed on the official website, but their prices and availability are yet to be disclosed.
Leave a Reply