Since Xiaomi released their new MUI 11, they have been working so hard to make sure that their most recent phones gets the MUI 11 update. We were shocked when the Redmi Note 4, a smartphone released almost 3years ago was given its own piece of the pie (MIUI 11). Now, the Redmi Note 6 Pro which was released on September last year has gotten the MUI 11 stable update. It’s a global update so if you are in Nigeria or any country and you are sure you are using the Redmi Note 6 Pro global ROM.
Then you can go to the settings – About phone and check for a new update. But if you’re using Custom Stable ROM or Global Developer ROM, then perform clean upgrade via Fastboot update. It is important you back up your data before flashing or even before updating the Global Stable ROM as some users have complained of their device unable to boot again after the OTA update.
It comes with V220.127.116.11.PEKMIXM model number but sadly, the update is still leaving it on Android 9, it didn’t come with Android 10.
Here is the Redmi Note 6 Pro MIUI 11 Global Stable V18.104.22.168.PEKMIXM full changelog:
- Comprehensive design optimized for full screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
Sounds of nature
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Mi Share
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Preview your documents before you open them
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to October 2019. Increased system security.
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- New: Different options for hiding the notch
- Fix: Wi-Fi page wasn’t displayed correctly
- Game speed booster
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now.