Nubia, is not one of those sub-brands with dozens of smartphone announcement per year. Yes, they may not have phones to announced that very often, but when they do have one, the announcement is usually ground breaking.
ZTE have just revealed the Nubia Z40S Pro, the sequel model to the Z40 Pro, and the phone does not only run the latest Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1, but also offers up to 18GB raw RAM and a Terabyte internal storage.
The phone comes in a 6.67-inches AMOLED screen, featuring all modern display technologies including; a billion color rendition, HDR10+, up to a thousand brightness nits, along with 144Hz refresh rating.
Coming to the camera department, the Nubia Z40s Pro is fitted with three camera lenses on the rear. These includes a 35mm equivalent 64-megapixel main lens, a 50-megapixel 14mm UW lens with up 116˚ FoV, and a third 8-megapixel periscope lens with up to 5X optical zoom.
The phone has an under display optical fingerprint scanner, offers dual stereo speakers, and preloaded with Google Android 12 with MyOS v12 out of the box. The battery compartment includes a 5000mAh juice for the regular model with 80W fast charger, and a 4600mAh unit, for the model that support 120W fast charger.
Nubia Z40s Pro Key Specifications
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with FHD+, 1B colors, HDR10+, 1000 nits 144Hz refresh
- CPU: 3.19GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 (4 nm) with Adreno 730 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128/256/512GB/1TB with 8/12/18GB RAM
- OS: Android 12 with MyOS v12
- Camera: Triple-cameras
- 64MP (35mm equivalent) featuring PDAF, OIS and f/1.6 aperture
- 50MP 14mm equivalent UW lens with f/2.2 and 116˚ FoV
- 8MP periscope telephoto lens with PDAF, OIS, and upto 5x optical zoom
- Front camera: 16MP Selfie
- Video recording: 8K, 4K, and 1080p video footage
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G SA / NSA
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (in-screen), USB Type-C, stereo speaker
- Battery: 5000mAh with 80W fast charging or 4600mAh with 120W fast charging
Nubia Z40S Pro pricing and availability
The Z40s Pro is available in Interstellar Black, Star Black, Silver colors. It is basically available in three built options. The varying storage options and pricing for these models includes:
The following are the standard option with 80W charger:
- 3,399 yuan (or $503) for the RAM 8GB + 128GB model
- 3,699 yuan (or $547) for the RAM 8GB + 256GB model
- 3,999 yuan (or $592) for the RAM 12GB + 256GB model
- 4,499 yuan (or $666) for the RAM 12GB + 512GB model
The following are the 120W model with 80W charger:
- 4,299 yuan (or $636) for the RAM 12GB + 256GB model
- 6,699 yuan (or $991) for the RAM 18GB + 1TB model
ZTE also announced a special edition called Nubia Z40S Pro Kansai Limited Edition. This model comes in a special theme and skin, and it is available in a single storage option, and priced as follows.
- 4,699 yuan (or $696) for the RAM 12GB + 256GB model
All models are already available for pre-sale via JD.com. You can also preorder them via Nubia’s own official website, but actual sales will start on July 26.