ZTE Nubia Z50, the direct successor to the Nubia Z40 series has just been announced. The phone comes in a 6.67-inches screen, featuring 144Hz FHD+ AMOLED screen. It is powered by the latest Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 SoC with up to 16GB of LPDDR5X RAM and up to 1TB UFS 4.0 storage.
The phone has VC cooling with the total heat dissipation area of 36462mm². It is available in two finishing; the black and white color options has glass on the rear, while the green color option is given a leather back cover.
Surprisingly, ZTE claims that the camera performance on the Nubia Z50 will perform better than the sensor on the Xiaomi 13 Pro. With the Z50, you are getting a 64-megapixel Sony IMX787 with 1/1.72-inch sensor size. However, the aperture is kept at f/1.6 as against the f/1.9 aperture on the 13 Pro.
Due to the above, ZTE thinks the main sensor on the Nubia Z50 should be able to take in more light than the flagship 1-inch sensor used with the competitor. There is also a 50-megapixel Samsung JN1 ultrawide side that be 2CM closer to objects in macro mode.
The Z50 has a 5000mAh battery, adorned with 80W fast charger. This capacious battery is hidden in an 8.45mm body, while outputting a total of 197 grams in weight. The phone is based on Bluetooth 5.2, and it boot Google Android 13 with MyOS 13 out of the box.
Key features of ZTE Nubia Z50 5G
- Display: 6.67-inch AMOLED screen with 1080 x 2400 pixels and 144Hz refresh
- CPU: 8-Core Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 CPU with Adreno 740 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 8/12/16GB LPDDR5X RAM with either 128/256/512GB/1TB (UFS 4.0) storage
- OS: Android 13 with MyOS 13
- Camera: Triple-Cameras:
- Main: 64MP Sony IMX787 with PDAF, OIS and F/1.6 aperture,
- Ultrawide: 50MP UW with PDAF, F/2.2 and up to 116° FoV
- Front camera: 16MP f/2.45
- Video recording: up to 8K (rear) / 1080p (front)
- Connectivity: Dual SIM, GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G, Bluetooth 5.2
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (under-display), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 80W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The ZTE Nubia Z50 comes in Black and White and Green colors, and are priced as follows;
- 2,999 yuan or $430 for 8GB+128GB
- 3,399 yuan or $487 for 8GB+256GB
- 3,699 yuan or $530 for 12GB+256GB
- 3,999 yuan or $537 for 12GB+512GB
- 5,999 yuan or $860 for 16GB+1TB
Additionally, there is also a Limited Z50 COASTA Edition. This comes in a winter joint gift box set, that includes a Nubia Z50, a COSTA winter warm scarf and COSTA ice-extracted instant coffee. This model is available only with 12GB RAM and 512-Gigs on storage, and priced at 4,199 yuan, and equivalent of $602.
Preordering activities is already ongoing for all modes, and the full sales will kick of in China starting from December 23rd.