OPPO Mobile have just announced the K9 5G smartphone just as was promised. The device is a premium mid-range phone running on Snapdragon 768 CPU from Qualcomm. The phone packs a 6.43-inch Full HD+ display with 91.7% screen-to-body ratio. Some of the screen technologies includes a 90Hz refresh rate, 180Hz touch sampling rate and AMOLED panel.
The Snapdragon CPU in the OPPO K9 is an octa-core 1×2.8GHz, 1×2.2GHz and 6×1.8GHz Kryo 475 7nm EUV CPUs, along with Adreno 620 GPU. This support 5G SA/NSA, 3D liquid cooling system, 8GB of RAM, 128/256GB ROM and runs Android 11 with ColorOS 11.1 out of the box
As for the optics, there is a single 32MP camera inside the punch-hole on the front, while a set of three lenses, including a 64-megapixel primary lens, 8MP 119° ultra-wide lens and a 2MP macro cameras are used on the rear.
The phone has a sixth-generation in-display fingerprint scanner, and the back has a track texture that highlights the speed aesthetics of the phone. It packs a 4300mAh battery that support 65W super fast charging, which is said to push the phone from 0 to 100% in just 35 minutes.
OPPO K9 5G key specifications
- 6.43-inch Full HD+ AMOLED display
- Octa Core (1 x 2.8GHz + 1 x 2.2GHz + 6 x 1.8GHz Kryo 475 CPUs) Snapdragon 768G 7nm EUV Mobile Platform with Adreno 620 GPU
- 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128/256GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP Quad rear cameras
- 32MP front-facing camera
- In-Display fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, Smart PA
- Dual SIM with 5G/4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 4300mAh battery with 65W fast charging.
OPPO K9 5G price and availability
The K9 5G comes in Spade Black and Gradient Symphony colors. It is currently available in China, and price at 1,999 and 2199 for the 128GB and the 256GB storage models respectively, an equivalent of $308 and $339.