According to the news release; “Aiwa is the brand that launched Japan’s first radio-cassette player and has produced a number of popular products, starting with the “Cassette Boy” headphone stereo that became a big hit”.
Recently, the Japanese company, JENESIS Co., Ltd., announced the SIM-free Android smartphone they call the Aiwa JA2-SMP0601. This was released under the Aiwa brand in Japan.
Now let us take a sneak peek into the smartphone’s specifications and features. The Aiwa JA2-SMP0601 is a low-end Android smartphone with a 6.5-inch HD+ (1600 x 720) display.
Aiwa JA2-SMP0601 is powered by a 4000mAh battery. It is not much of a large memory capacity. It features just 2GB RAM, and internal 32GB of storage capacity.
The smartphone is Aiwa Digital’s first Android smartphone. It is a low-end model with excellent cost performance. The OS adopts Android 12 (Go Edition).
The Aiwa JA2-SMP0601 is equipped with a UNISOC Tiger T310 2.0GHz quad-core CPU, and features a 13-megapixel + 2-megapixel dual rear camera.
The device is compatible with SIM-free DSDV, has a USB Type-C connection terminal, and an earphone jack port is available. The available colors are black and white.
Aiwa JA2-SMP0601 key features
- Dimensions; weight: 164.4 × 76.6 × 9.2 mm; 190 grams
- Display (Main): 6.5 inch HD+ 1600 x 720 20:9, IPS
- CPU: UNISOC Tiger T310 2.0GHz quad-core
- RAM and Storage: 2GB RAM and 32GB (microSD compatible)
- OS: Android 12 (Go Edition)
- Camera: 13MP (main) + 2MP (macro) dual camera
- Front camera: 8MP
- Connectivity: Dual SIM (NanoSIM), 4G LTE, VoLTE (NTT Docomo, Softbank), Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- Color: Black, White
- Other Features: USB Type-C, Earphone Terminal, Splash-proof (IP52)
- Battery: 4000mAh
Aiwa JA2-SMP0601 availability and price
The Aiwa JA2-SMP0601 is available in black and white colors. The device will be released in September 2022. The price on the company’s sales site is 16,800 yen ($122.63).