BLU mobile have just released a new smartphone in the US. The model dubbed G91s is the higher successor to the vanilla G91. The model comes in a large 6.8-inches FHD+ screen, and the sided notch screen on the older model is now moved to the center of the phone.
Note that this new BLU G91s is still different from the G91 Pro announced few months back. That model offers a little better specs, and the CPU is Helio G90 SoC from MediaTek. The G91s on the other is powered by Helio G80 CPU, and the RAM is 4GB, instead of the 6GB RAM on the Pro version.
As for the camera optics; three lenses are used on the rear; a 48-megapixel + 5-megapixel ultra and a third 2-megapixel depth lens, leaving the selfie duties to a single 13-megapixel lens upfront.
One key advantages of the G91s over the other models in the series is the presence of a larger 6000mAh battery. The other two variants has 5000mAh battery each. But while the Pro version has 30W fast charger, the G91s is given 18W. It support dual 4G LTE SIMs, and it is factory preloaded with Google Android 11 OS.
BLU G91s Key Specifications
- Display: 6.8-inch IPS LCD 1080 x 2460 FHD+ Dot-screen with 20.5:9 ratio
- CPU: 2.0GHz octa-core MediaTek Helio G80 with Mali-G52 MC2 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128 GB and 4GB RAM; expandable storage
- OS: Android 11
- Camera: Triple: 48MP main camera; 16MP Ultrawide lens and 2MP macro lens
- Front camera: 13MP Selfie
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 6000mAh with 10W fast charging
BLU G91s pricing and availability
BLU mobile is primarily targeted at the US market, and this new G91s is not an exception. It is painted in Blue, Green, Gray and Cyan colors. Sadly price was not revealed as at writing.