Huawei have just announced the Nova Y61 smartphone as the direct successor to the initial Nova Y60. The device comes in a 6.52-inches screen, has unknown octa-core CPU, and boots Android based EMUI version 12 out of the box.
The phone is available in two storage option; there is the based model with 4GB RAM and a 64GB ROM, and the upper class model with 6GB RAM + the same 64GB ROM. The Nova Y60 began it journey from South Africa last year, so it won’t be surprising to see the Y61 treated likewise.
One interesting update on the new comer though is the camera setup. Instead of the 13-megapixel main sensor on the Y60, the Y61 comes with a larger 50-megapixel primary lens. You are also getting two other auxiliary sensors on the rear, while the frontal snapper is reduced to 5-megapixels.
The phone comes with a sided fingerprint scanner, and it is powered by a 5000mAh battery with 22.5W fast charger. Note that only the Asia Pacific region will get the 6GB + 64GB ROM version. Africa and other region will receive the 4GB RAM variant.
Huawei Nova Y61 key specs and features
- Display: 6.52-inch IPS LCD 720 x 1600px HD+ with 20:9 ratio
- CPU: Unknown octa-core CPU
- Storage and RAM: 64GB and 4/6GB RAM; with microSD support
- OS: Android OS with EMUI 12
- Camera: Triple:
- 50MP, f/1.8 PDAF
- 2MP, f/2.4, (macro)
- 2MP, f/2.4, (depth)
- Front camera: 5MP Selfie
- Video recording: 1080p/[email protected] (front and back camera)
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Fingerprint scanner (side), USB Type-C
- Battery: 5000mAh with 22.5W charger
Huawei Nova Y61 pricing and availability
The Nova Y61 is available in Sapphire Blue, Mint Green and Midnight Black. It is already listed on the company’s official website, and should be available across Africa and the Asian market. However, the exact sales price and date is yet to be known.