Although the Note 12 VIP was the topic of discussion, but Infinix also announced the Note 12 G96 and the Note 12 G88 during her Global launch event yesterday. I guess you should already be familiar with the VIP model of the Note 12 due to the promo that backs it from the company, but how about the other two models?
Well, to begin with, the Note 12 G88, is the same standard Note 12 introduced in Bangladesh few weeks back. The model has been selling in Nigeria and few other regions since the past week.
It is a rebadge of the Note 11 of last year, and it is called Note 12 G88 because the brain power (CPU) comes from MediaTek Helio G88. This model run on Google Android 11, and it is backed by a 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charger.
The Note 12 G96 on the other hand, is powered by MediaTek Helio G96 CPU (the reason for the Name). The rear camera module got redesigned, but it holds the same sensors as the G88 above. Also, the built-in RAM is increased to 8-Gigs, instead of the 4/6GB on the smaller model, but the internal storage is the same 128-Gigs.
You are also getting Google Android 12 with XOS 10.6, instead of Android 11. Aside these, other specs of the Infinix Note 12 G96 is reminiscent to the G88 model.
Infinix Note 12 G96 Key Specification
- Display: 6.7-inch (1080 x 2400 pixels) AMOLED display with 20:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Octa-Core 2.0GHz MediaTek Helio G96 CPU with Mali-G57 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 128GB and 8GB RAM; expandable up to 512GB via microSD
- OS: Android 12 XOS 10.6
- Camera: Triple:
- 50MP main with f/1.6 and 4-LED flash
- 2MP Depth
- QVGA AI sensor
- Front camera: 16MP selfie
- Video recording: 1080/[email protected] (Back/Front)
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: USB Type-C / Sided fingerprint scanner
- Battery: Built-in 5000mAh battery with 33W fast charger
- Color Options: Force Black, Snowfall and Sapphire Blue
Currently there are four smartphones in the Infinix Note 12-series. These includes the Note 12i with Helio G85 CPU, Note 12 G88 with Helio G88, Note 12 G96 with Helio G96 CPU, and the flagship Note 12 VIP with the same Helio G96 CPU, but adds 108-megapixel primary camera and a whooping 120W fast charging.
The 12i and 12 G88 are already on sales in multiple regions. In Nigeria for example, the models are official priced at N101,800 and N112,200 respectively.