Infinix have silently released, and now selling her Hot 12i smartphone in Tanzania. The device which, obviously belongs to a yet-to-be released Hot 12-series is already listed and selling via multiple online and offline streams in Tanzania. It is offered in a 6.6-inches HD+ screen, and powered by a quad-core Helio A22 CPU.
Specifications wise, it looks very similar to the recently announced Smart 6 Plus, except that it has slightly better camera setups and design. Talking about camera, the Hot 12i has three lenses on the rear. These includes a 13-megapixel primary lens, 2-megapixel depth and a third QVGA AI sensor, while the frontal lens is an 8-megapixel snapper.
The phone is listed as having both 2 or 3GB RAM, and it is paired with 64-Gigs of built-in storage. Interestingly, Infinix is bringing virtual RAM expansion to it entry level smartphone, and on the Hot 12i for example, you can borrow extra 2-Gigs of virtual RAM from the phone’s built-in storage.
Obviously, Google Android 12 is not in view yet, so the device is still based on Android 11. It has a rear placed fingerprint scanner, supports dual 4G SIMs, and powered by a 5000mAh battery. The phone’s display is using IPS panel, and there is a dewdrop notch above it.
Infinix Hot 12i Key Specification
- Display: 6.6-inch (720 x 1612 pixels) HD+ display with 20:9 aspect ratio
- CPU: Quad-Core 2.0GHz MediaTek MT6761 CPU with PowerVR GE8320 GPU
- Storage and RAM: 64GB and 2/3GB RAM; expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- OS: Android 11 XOS
- Camera: Triple:
- 13MP main with f/1.8 and Triple LED flash
- 2MP Depth
- QVGA AI sensor
- Front camera: 8MP selfie with LED flash
- Video recording: 1080/[email protected] (Back/Front)
- Connectivity: Dual Nano-SIM: GSM / HSPA / LTE
- Other Features: Micro USB 2.0 / Rear fingerprint scanner
- Battery: Built-in 5000mAh battery
Pricing and availability of Hot 12i
Just as mentioned above, the Hot 12i is currently available, and selling in Tanzania. It is available in multiple colors, and the asking price for the base model is TSh. 300,000, an equivalent of about $129 USD. Other regional launch and availability should follow shortly.