Rumors and speculations had suggested four (4) days back, that Infinix Mobility was going to unveil the Infnix Zero 5 in an event in Dubai today. Well, nothing seems to be missing; Infinix Mobility have today, announced the Infinix Zero 5 and Zero 5 Pro smartphones at an event in Dubai. The smartphones are priced around 275 and 305 US Dollars for the standard and the Pro versions respectively.
Let get it up straight here: There is really no much difference between the Zero 5 and the Zero 5 Pro. The major difference between the two devices is the presences of 6GB RAM and 128GB of internal storage in the Infinix Zero 5 Pro version, whereas the standard Infinix Zero 5 host same 6GB RAM, but with a rather moderate 64GB internal storage.
Infinix Zero 5, Zero 5 Pro specifications, features
As far as specifications goes, the Infinix Zero 5 and the Zero 5 Pro features a 5.98-inch 1080p (Full-HD) JDI display, with 2.5D curved glass at the up-front. Processing powered comes from a MediaTek Helio P25 Oct-Core SoC with the aforementioned 6GB of RAM. All the hardwares are functioning together with the power of Android 7.0 (Nougat).
As for the camera department, well, do you remember the same camera setup on the recently announced Tecno Phantom 8? That is exactly what is at the back and front of the Infinix Zero 5: 12-megapixel (Sony IMX386 sensor) rear camera with wide-angle lens along with a 13-megapixel secondary camera with telephoto lens offering 2x optical zoom and portrait mode. It also has a 16-megapixel front-facing camera with LED flash.
The point of emphases of Infinix was mainly on the camera department of the smartphone. The company claims that the dual-camera setup at the back of the device makes it the ‘real dual-camera smartphone’ with ability to achieve a true-DSLR-like bokeh effects, thanks to the 2X optical zoom.
Power is supplied by a rather impressive 4,350mAh battery with USB Type-C port. Considering the presence of the power efficient Helio P25 and a battery of this size, the Zero 5 should last for several hours of heavy usage. More interestingly is the support for fast charging technology via MediaTek Pump Express.
Infinix Zero 5 Specifications
- 5.98-inch (1920 x 1080 pixels) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with 500 nits brightness, 85% NTSC Color Gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.6GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P25 16nm processor with Mali-T880 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4X RAM, 64GB (Zero 5) / 128GB (Zero 5 Pro) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) with XOS 3.0
- 12MP rear camera with wide-angle lens, Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.25 μm pixel size, dual LED Flash, secondary 13MP camera with telephoto lens, Samsung S5K3M3 sensor, f/2.6 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size, 2x optical zoom
- 16MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture, Samsung S5K3P8 sensor
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Dimensions: 166.38 x 82.38 x 7.95mm; Weight: 197g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type-C
- 4350mAh built-in battery with fast charging
- Price: $275 and $305 for the Zero and the Zero 5 Pro respectively
Both smartphones will be available starting November 22 at 12PM. Zero 5 will be available in color choices of Champagne Gold, Sandstone Black, and Bordeux Red. The Zero 5 Pro, on the other hand, will be available only in Bronze, Gold and Black color.